Saturday, August 11, 2012

Passion: The Three Movie Exercise

Let's be clear here. When I talk about "passion," I don't mean like romantic, roll-in-the-hay passion. I mean like life passion. An "I wanna be a dancer," or "I want to write the next great American novel." Knaw meen? (Sorry I felt it was necessary)

You see the problem is I don't really know what my passion is. I have been asked, and I honestly do not have a great answer. Passion is a weird concept to me because I put "passion" into everything. I feel "passionate" about a lot of things, so the concept of one main focus is foreign to me. I just assumed that I am passionless and boring.  I was content being a passionless bore until i stumbled across a small article by Michael Hyatt, which you can read here.

Here's the scenario, you pick three of your favorite movies, find a common-thread between them, then BAM  the "thread" closely resembles your passion in life. It says not to use much thought so I'll pick the movies I used to tell people. Scream, War of the Worlds, Dawn of the dead

They are horror movies kind of, but that's not the point. I think they are mostly about people being thrown into situations that are out of their control. These people went from ordinary lives to trying their best to survive. The have all lost some form of family and then got thrown into wretched situations, and they are all fighters.

Is that what it is? Am I a fighter who is just trying to survive? I don't know, but this was a fun way to look into my taste and try to discover things about myself. Eh someday I will find my passion, I'm not in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment