Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happiness?!

Hey Guys,

So the first full week of classes is over. That happened.

I have been here since like...the 5th, I know right that's a long  time. I mean in the grand scheme of things it isn't that long, but it seems like a while ya know. Back to the point, after a long summer, my life has finally restarted. I have really enjoyed this year so far. I have met lots of new people and am generally just having a great time.  Do you ever get that feeling that things are changing? Like it's all going to be different somehow?

I don't think it's a secret that I wasn't at my finest last year. I blew it in a big way. I finally feel like things might be okay. If you read a couple of my last post, you know that my personal life is in a state of disaster right now. That's the great thing about college, you can distance yourself.  I can leave the dark and brooding version of myself behind. I can be happy.

I am happy. I don't know if I have been in this place in a long time. I hope it last. If it doesn't, maybe I can look back to this post and feel what I am feeling right now. That's what's great about blogging, I can put what I am feeling onto something. Make it tangible.

I know it's really weird...reading about my happiness. Especially after my last couple of post were sad. There are two types of sadness in my life. The first is the sadness that I channeled into those post, the temporary sadness. The other kind is darker, more intense. It feels like it's draining you and you can do nothing to stop it. Getting out of bed is a chore and functioning normally is impossible. That's the kind of sadness you need medicine to take care of. That's the kind of sadness I don't feel anymore.

I am happy. I can feel sad and it doesn't destroy me. I can write personal letters to my sister and have fun in the same day. They don't interact. It's good to be normal, and great to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're happy! This post made me very happy! :)

    ReplyDelete