Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We walked away

Sooo...I really like the letter format. If I am feeling down or especially "intense" about something, I am going to write a letter. I find it very therapeutic.

I was reading a friends blog post the other day and she mentioned something that is very relevant in my life. She said, "realize that people will walk in and out of your life multiple times." This letter is to no one in particular, don't read too much into it!

Hey,

For whatever reason we don't talk anymore, and it sucks. I don't know what happened and honestly I don't want to place blame. I just want to say that I miss you. We bring people into our lives for a reason, but we walked away.  I enjoyed your company, I really did. I hope you enjoyed mine. I'd like to think I bring positive things to people's lives. There is this whole notion of  "cosmic friendships," you know the ones. They go through the good and bad and still keep strong. Apparently that wasn't us.

I am terrible at keeping in touch. It's one of my  biggest flaws. I was content to just let you leave. I didn't put in the effort to keep us together, but you didn't either. We could have done more, could have made an effort, could have at least tried. Could've, should've, would've...didn't.

My life is good right now. I am happy. I know right, weird. I hope yours is going well. I hope all of your dreams are coming true, and you are truly happy. I hope you don't dwell on the past like I do. Maybe I am just a distant memory, a remnant of time gone by. We had good times, lots of fun and you moved on. Don't get me wrong, I moved on too.

It's just...sometimes I like to revisit those memories. It seems brighter, happier. I know that's just my mind playing tricks on me. Times weren't always good. Maybe, someday I'll look back on today and it will seem brighter...happier.

Maybe I will see you someday. We'll make plans to get lunch or coffee, even though we both have no intentions of following through. It sucks that this is what we have come to. Awkward conversations and fake plans. That's life I suppose.

I really do wish you happiness.

Sincerely,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment